Shoreline are a specialist management consultancy that works exclusively with global asset and wealth management firms, to leading sovereign, superannuation and pension funds across Asia-Pacific and North America to help them make the most of their data environments.
We pride ourselves on providing pragmatic and effective solutions for our clients who come to us because of our deep industry knowledge and consulting expertise. In this role, you will operate at the intersection of business, analytics, and design, and will implement visual analytics solutions for our clients.
The Data Visualization Specialist will work to create dynamic data visualizations for a range of investment management or super fund clients. You will work with the client to explore and display insights found through their investment and operational data to meet their evolving business requirements.
Ideally, you’ll have gained experience in a large firm in the investment / asset management industry, or in a recognised consulting company.
Your passion is to drive understanding and decision making from data for key executives down to operational analysts. You understand the art of data visualization and storytelling and are adept at analysing disparate data and combining it with business acuity to convey intuitive and compelling insights.
Ideally you will have
- Strong understanding of visualization best practices
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise with at least one enterprise Business Intelligence tool (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Spotfire, QuickSight, Data Studio, MicroStrategy, Looker, etc.)
- Demonstrable proficiency with visualization packages in python (e.g., Bokeh, Matplotlib)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, including the ability to write stored procedures, triggers, analytic/windowing functions, and tuning.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Information Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
We are a collaborative team who work in a supportive and flexible environment. We work with our clients remotely, and on-site, with a focus on outcomes and professional and personal development.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of a company that has taken all the best parts of working in a consulting company and created a refreshing alternative.
- Exceptional technical and soft skills training
- Opportunity to work with large scale local clients
- Opportunity to travel if desired
- Work with really good people – it’s hard to get a job here.
- Flexible work arrangements
- On going training, certification and recognition
Apply Now by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org